- 1 medium leek, thinly sliced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup Arborio rice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 6 ounces salmon fillet
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Lemon wedge (optional)
- In small saucepan melt butter. Cook leek, rice and garlic powder in butter over medium-low heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until leek is tender and rice is lightly toasted.
- Carefully add broth to saucepan. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill salmon on greased grill rack over medium coals for 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork, carefully turning once.
- Stir parsley and Parmesan cheese into rice. Spoon onto serving plate. Top with salmon.
Enjoy! I’ll be making this tonight.