So we all know the saying you are what you eat and that food can set the mood. For those of us with a slightly unhealthy stress level or those just looking to unwind and relax a bit I was doing a bit of research online looking up healthy tips and ways to manage stress and avocados just kept popping up. Like a banana they are loaded with potassium which is GREAT if you have a high stress level, get headaches or migraines etc.
Avocados ALSO help to keep blood pressure low. I’ve added a favorite recipe of mine courtesy of Melissa D’Arabian of the Food Network’s 10 Dollar Meals
Pineapple Avocado Salsa
- 1 (14-ounce) can sliced pineapple in juice, drained and juices reserved
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium avocado, halved, pitted and flesh cubed
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro leaves
In a medium bowl, make the dressing by mixing 2 tablespoons of pineapple juice with the lime juice, honey, oil and jalapeno. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the pineapple and onion. Gently fold in the avocado and cilantro. Let the flavors blend for at least 15 minutes before serving.
This recipe is courtesy of Melissa D’Arabian and her 10 dollar dinners!