- 5-6 ripe red tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or veggie oil
- 3/4 of a yellow onion chopped
- 3 large cloves of garlic- chopped
- 1 fresh red chile pepper, seeded and chopped ( You can use a dried chile but double the amount)
- 1 1/2 cup white wine
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 pounds of fresh caught cod
- 10-15 large uncooked prawns, peeled and deveined
- Slice an ‘X’ in the bottom of each tomato. Bring a pot of water to a boil; boil tomatoes for 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and blanch in a bowl of ice water. Peel & chop tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a skillet over low heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until slightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add chile pepper and tomatoes; cook and stir until tomatoes begin reduce, 5 to 8 minutes. Pour in wine; cook over medium heat until wine reduces slightly, about 5 more minutes. Stir in salt, black pepper, basil, and parsley.
- Place cod into tomato mixture; cover and cook for 5 minutes. Turn cod and cook other side until fish flakes easily with a fork, 3 to 5 minutes. Add prawns; cover and cook until prawns are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, 1 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.