This is an old favorite of mine that I break out for a variety of things. Bite sized appetizers, bbq’s, grill a thons etc. For fathers day this year we did a small bbq at our house and the burgers made an appearance. I’ve included the recipe ( originally a Racheal Ray Recipe but with my tweaks I’ve made it my own) as well as a pic!
- 8 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 4 scallions, cleaned, trimmed and diced
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 1/3 pounds ground beef sirloin
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce ( I add another dash after)
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning blend or coarse salt and black pepper ( I use Montreal Steak Seasonings or Creole Seasoning)
- 1/2 pound extra sharp white cheddar cheese, crumbled or grated ( you can use blue cheese instead or as well)
- 1 cup mayonnaise or reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin ( use to your liking)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 Kaiser Rolls, Hamburger Buns or whatever you eat your burger on
In a sauté pan brown bacon over medium high heat and drain on paper towel lined plate.
Combine ground beef with Worcestershire and steak seasoning. Divide meat into 4 equal parts. Combine cheese crumbles and cooked bacon. Take 1 ball of the meat in your hand and make a well in the center of it. Pile in cheese and bacon, then form the burger around the cheese and bacon filling. Make sure the fillings are completely covered. When all 4 burgers are formed place on hot grill. Cook 2 minutes on each side over high heat, reduce heat to medium low and cook burgers 7 or 8 minutes longer, turning occasionally.
Chop green onions and add to a food processor. Add mayonnaise and cumin to the food processor and pulse the onions and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper, to your liking